Nachiketa Vidya Mandir, Kodgal, Jadcherla
In 2012, Smt. Vasundhara acquired a plot in a backward area in Kodgal, Mahabubnagar district and dedicated it to the cause of education of underprivileged children of neighbouring tribal hamlets. As followers of Swami Vivekananda, foundations were laid for a gurukul style school structure fusing the values of our ancient culture with modern education and techniques. Classes were initially commenced in two class rooms. Thanks to the combined efforts of a number of patrons, the school now has ten well-equipped classrooms and a computer lab. A dedicated team of teachers under the able guidance of Swami Nachiketananda Puri and Swami Shivananda Puri work closely with over 200 students here. This space is now a thriving hub of activity with a sprawling playground, multi-purpose hall, meditation and yoga hall, kitchen and dining rooms, residential rooms for volunteers/teachers, and a school for the children of neighbouring villages.
Nachiketa Vidya Mandir strictly adheres to ‘Right To Education’ that is guaranteed by the Indian constitution; every child, irrespective of economic and social background, deserves to receive a formal education. Education enriches manpower and helps strengthen economic growth of the country apart from addressing key issues like healthcare, population control, unemployment etc. Through education, individuals come to understand their basic rights and privileges. When one generation receives the right education, they can help uplift their whole community.
We provide education at “zero” cost to the children with no compromise in quality of education. In order to maintain quality we intake limited number of students only at the entry level.
- Admissions are strictly taken for children in the age group of 3-4 years for nursery only
- Only one child per family would be given admission
- Below would be the preference criteria to consider admission
- Child of a single parent (widower/divorcee/others)
- Economically poor
- Child resides in nearby locality of the school premises (radius of 10 kms)
- A limited number of tokens are given for admissions (80-100)
- Parents along with children would be called to the campus on 3rd Saturday of June every year.
- Mandatory documents such as Aadhar card and Birth certificate collected and verified
- Parents are interviewed and financial background verified by a panel
- Volunteers visit houses of children for authentication
- 30 students would be finalized and the list would be displayed on the student board.
- Admissions are given based on New Education Policy (NEP).